Convention and Educational Symposium
2014 – The Next AWCI Convention
We have decided to hold our full convention in an every-other-year format for now. There are three main reasons for this change:
1. This gives vendors more time to develop new products and methods so there will be much more for you to see at each vendor fair.
2. Conventions are valuable business functions, but they mean time away from work for our members. A two-year schedule may be easier to manage for businesses, especially for sole proprietors.
3. Members have asked us to look at ways to reduce costs for conventions. A two-year window will allow AWCI time to look at various options and venues that may help reduce expenses.
The Good News Is: The Denver 2012 Convention Was a Huge Success!
- 125 Attendees which included the entire horology class from Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology
- 11 Vendors and a very busy vendor fair
- Archie Perkins signing his newest book: Antique Watch Restoration, Vol. 1, published by AWCI
- Stephen Forsey of Greubel Forsey, a phenomenal keynote speaker
- 6 highly-informative educational courses for watch and clockmakers
- Lots of opportunities for networking and fun
We want to thank our sponsors who helped to make the event possible: Rolex USA, Paneri, Breitling USA and The Swatch Group