For the Clockmaker
AWCI serves member clockmakers by providing technical information, educational services and marketing support, along with a host of discounted business services. You’ll find a wealth of information in each topic listed below.
As your national trade association, we are here to support you and your business. Should you need additional services beyond what you find here, contact us at: 866-367-2924 or moc.icwanull@ofni
Click for more information
Are you signed up on this national directory which can supply your business with clock repair and service leads? Be sure you keep your business information up-to-date!
Click here to visit the Member Directory
Click here to view our Business Services and Member Benefits (PDF format)
This helpful service connects job-seekers with employers. Postings can include both online listings and placement in Horological Times.
Click here to visit the Career Center
Click here to visit our continuing education section
Click here to visit our convention and educational symposium section
These marketing pieces can be used in two ways:
Use for Post Card Mailer: Mail to your customer list or purchased data base to remind/inform consumers of proper service intervals.
Use for Completed Repairs Insert:Insert this into your completed repair packaging to educate/inform your customers on proper watch care and service intervals.
Options for Printing:
THE EASY WAY:
Let our HT printer handle everything! Click here to contact Crest Graphics for a quote. They have the artwork and can personalize everything for you.
USE YOUR QUICK PRINTER:
CLICK HERE to download the instructions and artwork. Take these to your quick printer.
FRONT OF CARD
BACK OF CARD
INSIDE OF CARD
Click here to visit our Horological Times section
AWCI ‘s clock training partner is David J. LaBounty, CMC, FBHI. He is offering these web-based clock classes to AWCI clock makers.
Click here to visit our marketing support section
TECHNICAL GUIDES ARE COMING SOON…
Have a specific request?
Members can submit TWO technical requests at a time. AWCI encourages members to send pictures or drawings of obscure Items.
Click here to send an email request to moc.icwanull@ofni
Clock repair and service tools for the modern clockmakers shop.
From the AWCI Standards & Practices Manual
Tooling List For Clockmakers
- WW style lathe and collet set, tooling (gravers) and burnishers
- Measuring devices (with both inch and metric)—calipers is essential,
micrometer is optional
- Number drill set
- Assorted files, buff sticks and abrasives
- Torch/alcohol lamp with solders and fluxes
- Jewelers saw and blades
- Bench pin
- Letdown keys
- Mainspring clamps
- Bushing system tools and bushings (KWM, American or Bergeon)
- Cutting and smoothing broach sets and handles
- Assorted hand tools—pliers, screwdrivers, nut drivers, hammers, etc.
- Staking tool set or punch set and bench blocks
- Lubricants, oils and applicators
- Cleaning and drying system—that is safe!
- Bench vise
- Assorted tweezers
- Pegwood, etc. for cleaning pivot holes, etc.
- Safety goggles or glasses
- Leather gloves and work protection gloves
- Brass and steel stock
- Loupes or optics
- A variety of movement test stands
Optional Tooling Recommendations
- Drill press
- Bench mill
- Dental burrs or jewelers burrs
- Mainspring winder
- Electronic movement timer
- Ultrasonic cleaner(s)
- Bushing tool
- Larger lathe (6” and up with necessary tooling)
- Step chucks, bezel chucks and drill chucks (even for the WW lathe)