David Kurdzionak was at the JCK show and he said there was “standing room only” at the AWCI presentations by Tom Schomaker!
1. Water Testing – Demonstration of both wet and dry methods of testing for water resistance including the condensation test.
2. Quartz Testing and Diagnostics – Using a modern quartz watch analyzer to check movement parameters and to diagnose existing problems. This will include tips and helpful information for all skill levels.
3. Watch Repair Take-In Procedures – this program will aid in the development of your take-in procedures. Along with helpful information, there will be tips and examples of how to identify fake brand name watches.
4. Battery Replacement – Tips and procedures to ensure more trouble-free repairs. Highlighting dangerous practices. Demonstrating solid basic methods when replacing batteries.
5. Quality Controlling Watch Repairs – Explanations of common problem areas that can be checked before the customer picks up the completed repair. A higher quality of service and customer satisfaction can be achieved by employing some simple checks.
6. Anatomy of a High Grade Watch – a unique, dissected look at the inside of a complicated watch including the steps involved in its repair. Hundreds of parts, many difficult lubrication points, and a true appreciation of the engineering and design characteristics of these modern marvels.