Polishing a case today requires many skills. Complex case and bracelet designs are common in the marketplace.
Standardized polishing methods were often not taught in watchmaking schools here in the U.S. until recently. Many watchmakers learned polishing by trial and error or observing the procedures of others. Today’s consumer has high expectations concerning the quality of the watch repair which includes the refinishing of the case and bracelet. Knowledge is the key.
Our formal training program includes concepts and hands-on training in the following areas:
- Casing information
- Case and bracelet refinishing
- Lathe finishes
- Use of modern variable speed polishers
- Modern polishing techniques ensuring case shape integrity
- Water resistant testing
This course is designed to help you realize:
- A higher quality of service
- reduced come-backs due to moisture issues
- faster turnaround time
- higher customer satisfaction
Prerequisites: Must be able to stand for long periods of time and operate machinery safely including the Lathe.