The purpose of this course is to gain a good theoretical understanding in order to evaluate the condition of the lever escapement and thus proceed with the verification and analysis of the escapement functions. Students will learn
- The fundamentals of the proper functioning of the lever escapement.
- How to make all the adjustments with ease and confidence.
- The effects of adjustments on timing.
- Proper lubrication methods and its effect on timing and overall performance.
- Minimum 3 years full-time experience in watch-repair (and/or) Having attended the following AWCI Courses: 21st Century Watchmaking Standards and/or Automatic Watch Repair
- Ownership of the book The Theory of Horology is essential.
- Must read pages 99-101 of The Theory of Horology, prior to attending the course
- Knowledge of watch & escapement terminology
Length of course: 40 hours in 5 days, (9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)