Watch 230: Balance Staffing and Timing
August 3 @ 8:00 am - August 7 @ 3:00 pm UTC-4$1095
The purpose of this course is to teach the student all the fundamentals of balance staffing. Topics covered will include the verification and analysis of the escapement function, poising (static & dynamic), truing and timing adjustment in a mechanical watch. Cutting out a balance staff on a lathe and adjusting the balance staff, and removing balance staffs from Glucydur balances with the Horia tool.
- Minimum 3 years full-time experience in watch repair (and/or) having attended the following AWCI Courses:
- WATCH 190: 21st Century Watchmaking Standards
- WATCH 200: Modern Automatic Watches
- Knowledge of watch escapement
- Knowledge of the oscillator unit
- Ownership of necessary hand tools
- Ownership of the books The Theory of Horology and The Watch Repairer’s Manual is essential. Must read pages 99-166 of The Theory of Horology prior to attending the course.
Length of course: 40 hours in 5 days, (9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
Cost $1095 for AWCI members $1245 for non-members
Contact AWCI education director Jason Champion to register for this class at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-367-2924 extension 303