- This event has passed.
Modern Mechanical Chronograph – ETA 7750
March 18 @ 8:00 am - March 22 @ 3:00 pm$1095
The purpose of this course is to teach the student all the basics of the modern mechanical chronographs that are most prevalent on today’s market as well as to give the student a profound understanding of how chronograph watches operate.
The student will learn:
- The definitions and a brief history of the mechanical chronograph and its various components
- About the basic features and functions
- The basic differences between column wheel & cam chronographs
- Differences between vertical and horizontal clutch systems
- Systematic approach of disassembly & troubleshooting.
- Modern assembly procedures
- Preparing the barrel & winding the mainspring
- All chronograph adjustments
- Modern oiling procedures
- Etachron adjusting procedures
- Timing & Adjustments
- Fitting hands on chronograph watches
- Dialing & Casing
Instructor: Tom Schomaker, CMW21
To Register call Rob McLeod at 866-FOR-AWCI (367-2924), ext. 303
Non-member Price $1,245