This opportunity was developed to aid in:
- Preparation for the AWCI CW21 exam
- Class selection for future education
- Bench testing accuracy
- Promotional bench testing within a company
- These personalized two-day classes are designed primarily for watchmakers that wish to bring their standards upward, watchmakers whom have never had formal education, watchmakers without a lot of experience and for those who feel they are lacking some of the small details that would help clarify and elevate past struggles.
- The purpose of this course is to expose the watchmaker to a watch type of their choosing that contains common and not so common errors for repair. After the watchmaker repairs the timepiece within a designated period of time, it will then be disassembled and evaluated in front of the watchmaker.
- During this process, the watchmaker will receive input and suggestions to further discuss how their performance stacks up against the latest 21st century standards as taught here at AWCI and which apply to the CW21 exam.
- The watchmaker will then be given a chance to work on any issues that arises from their consultation. We will offer person instruction, demonstration and suggestions in order to rectify any issues that were discovered during the evaluation. We would create, on the spot, specific tasks that allow the watchmaker to practice achieving the desired result being sought.
- This evaluation can be used to help develop a syllabus of study including class recommendations that we offer. It will aid in future class selection and help to establish the best course of action that would give the candidate the best opportunity to achieve 21st century results.
- This course maybe also utilized as a “Pre-Bench Test” allowing the candidate to perform a watch repair with errors. Together, we will review the results in person, offer suggestions and allow the candidate to rework any problem areas after receiving special training specific to any problems that the candidate is experiencing.
- This approach offers the candidate a unique opportunity to experience the “real life process” of bench testing. It can give the candidate some insight on how to overcome nerves and the emotional highs and lows associated with such an important task. Addressing any related issues before hand, will definitely increase the chances of success.
- This testing can also be utilized by watchmakers who work in a situation like a service center where they wish to bench test for a new or an advanced position within the company.
Anyone wishing to participate in this unique opportunity or if you have any questions or need more details, please contact Education Coordinator, Rob McLeod, at 1-866-367-2924 ext.309.
Some of the details concerning this event are listed below:
- You must be a current member of AWCI before enrolling.
- Once enrolled, you will be sent a form to fill out concerning what type of timepiece you are interested in and which category of evaluation will apply.
- The tool list along with any other needed items will be furnished based upon your personalized selected program at least a month in advance.
- To remain as efficient as possible and to provide the best experience for everyone, we will try to schedule class dates for people that have the same interests together (i.e. automatics together, quartz together etc.)
- You will be responsible for your hotel accommodations, transportation and meals.
- Availability is on a first come first served basis.
- Open to eligible watchmakers only, no beginners please
- Tuition for the class is FREE.